1. last meeting of Monthly Meeting of the Minds which has been my awesome writers group this year at Lark Play Development Center. Meeting monthly since September, I was able to complete the first draft of The World Avoided. These smart writers were so very helpful as I found my way into the dense material of this non-fiction play. They stopped me from making oh so many mistakes. Were great listeners and responders and in every way helped me get out a solid first round. Love and value them all and their plays too!
2. Had so much fun yesterday at my first clothing exchange at my friend Toks Olagundoye's place. So much fun and now I have a pretty - very unme, but very fun dress to wear to an upcoming wedding. The bride is going to be sooo surprised.
3. Saw Bullets over Broadway with dear friend Nick Myers. We both write musicals, so always great to compare notes on what worked and what didn't work. Followed by Thai food
4. Today, blog, site visit for video shoot (to be explained next), catching Cori Thomas play at EST, then watching Tonys with very same Nick.
5. Tomorrow Sandra Daley and I start our great adventure. We're shooting a 5 minute scene for our submission to a TV opp. Filmmaker Jim Duff will man the camera. Great cast includes Eric Goss and Wesley Tunison. A Red-Sox capped Boston comedy.
6. Somehow have to sneak off to an unavoidable day-job commitment in the middle of shooting. Oh curse you divided life. I just want to make shit all day long.
7. NewShoe meeting Monday night to hear new Sandra Daley play. Love.
8. PT and seeing Orthopedist about ankle - now in week 8 and improving, but not all the way better.
9. Steve Andersen arrives to work on The World Avoided. On Wednesday, we host a dinner for participants in the Association for Environmental Studies and Sciences Conference
10. Thursday we attend the conference and I learn more for the play.
11. Friday we have a work session and hear the play at a Lark Roundtable.
12. Saturday we start work on the second draft.
13. Sunday Steve and I say good-bye. I work alone on the second draft and then I return to the Mysteries at the Flea to see this brilliance again this time with my dear nephew Toren playing and singing an angel.
14. Monday I return to Maine.